Our Governing Body is a group of people who support the leadership and management of the school. It is made up of:
- Parent Governors, whose role it is to represent the views of all parents
- Community Governors, who live or work locally and who know the area,
- Co-opted Governors, who bring specific expertise to the Governing Body
- Staff Governors and the Head Teacher, who represent the staff in school
The full Governing Body meets every half term. Meetings may include a discussion about national or local news in education, reports from the Head Teacher and updates from monitoring visits.
There are two Governing Body sub-groups:
- Resources group, including Finance, Human Resources and general administration
- Standards group, including the curriculum and analysis of assessment data
Most Governors take part in one or more of these groups, who meet termly and report to the Governing Body.
All Governors have a ‘link’ role. This means that they visit school on a regular basis to monitor an aspect of school life. All curriculum areas have a ‘link Governor’ who meets with the Subject Leader to monitor the subject plan, observe lessons, check subject planning and talk to children to find out how they feel about the subject. We also have Governors who monitor attendance, safeguarding and Health and Safety in school.
Chair of Governors – Claire Smith
Telephone: 0115 982 5090