At our school, we know how important it is to keep safe on the road. Our children have lots of opportunities to practise crossing the road when we go out in Sneinton, to the shops, the Library, or to catch the bus into Nottingham. We also have a Safety Day every year and a Road Safety quiz for our older children.
Remember the Green Cross code for crossing the road:
- First find the safest place to cross, where you can see and be seen
- Stop just before you get to the kerb. Do not get too close to the traffic and give yourself lots of time to look round
- Look in all directions for traffic and listen carefully
- If traffic is coming, let it pass, even if it is coming from a long way away
- Look all around again and listen
- When it is safe, go straight across the road – do not run. Keep looking and listening for traffic while you cross, in case there is any traffic you did not see, or in case other traffic appears suddenly.