At Edale Rise Primary we take the responsibility of safeguarding all children as a major priority.
- All staff have had training on safeguarding and also e-safety and PREVENT (linked to radicalisation and protecting children).
- Our procedures mean that any adult entering our site has to be approved by office staff before they are let in to our building.
- All staff , including students , have safeguarding checks and their details are recorded on a single central record.
- Any incidents where staff feel children are vulnerable are reported to the Headteacher and she follows our policy to decide on action to take which may involve contacting other agencies such as police, health or social services. Parents are always informed of any issues except if this would put the child at significant risk or harm.
- If you have any concerns in this area please come and speak to a member of staff who will help you as we need to work together to ensure our children are safe
- The schools’ safeguarding lead is Mrs O’Connor Headteacher. The deputy lead is Mr Crosby deputy Headteacher. The safeguarding governor is Claire Smith.
- If you still have concerns, please contact the local authority safeguarding team on 0115 977 3921 and ask to speak to Hannah Johnson or another member of the team.