School Development 2020-21
School Development 2019-20
School Development 2018-19
School Development 2017-18
- Click here to read a review of 2017-18.
Every school sets actions each year to improve school provision for pupils.
This year at Edale our main priorities are to work on:
- Providing children with a context to their learning in English by ensuring lessons are linked to the half termly theme.
- Improving standards in reading by introducing a new approach called ‘shared reading’ and also by nurturing an enjoyment of reading.
- Improving standards in maths by developing children’s problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Raising standards in the Early Year by introducing ‘helicopter stories’ to promote speaking and listening development.
We have detailed plans for each of these priorities and also continue to develop our teaching methods in other areas.
The governors of Edale meet regularly to go through these priorities and ensure they are helping to improve outcomes for children.