At our school, we recognise the importance of PE for a healthy body and a healthy mind and see it as an integral part of the curriculum. We aim to offer a wide range of sports opportunities for our children ranging from PE taught within classroom time to after school clubs such as dance, hockey and gymnastics. We follow national curriculum guidelines for physical education to ensure that all pupils;
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Lead healthy, active lives
Within school, we provide a broad and balanced PE curriculum through the use of ‘Complete P.E’. This includes units such as:
- Games – Football, Urban Hockey, Basketball, Tennis, Badminton, Rounders and Cricket
- Swimming for KS1 and KS2 pupils.
We recognise the importance of promoting physical activity beyond the confines of our school by encouraging and promoting talent and participation in local leagues and City wide sports competitions. Last year, we competed in the football league, swimming gala and Kwik Cricket competitions. We will continue to encourage our pupils to participate in a wide variety of sporting competitions this year.