The school's safeguarding lead is Mr Crosby (Headteacher). The deputy lead is Miss Bradley (Deputy Headteacher). The safeguarding governor is Liz Barratt.
At Edale Rise Primary we take the responsibility of safeguarding all children as a major priority.
- Edale Rise Primary and nursery School is situated within a mixed catchment on the outskirts of Nottingham. Due to our school being situated in a large city this may indicate that children are at risk from a wide variety of possible abuse, including that associated with radicalisation, domestic abuse, drug abuse and gang related violence. We work with our families and community members to educate our children and promote safe practices. We also work closely with other agencies such as social care, police and mental health staff in order to provide the support required for our children and families
- All staff have had training on safeguarding and also e-safety and PREVENT (linked to radicalisation and protecting children).
- Our procedures mean that any adult entering our site has to be approved by office staff before they are let in to our building.
- All staff , including students , have safeguarding checks and their details are recorded on a single central record.
- Any incidents where staff feel children are vulnerable are reported to the Headteacher and he follows our policy to decide on action to take which may involve contacting other agencies such as police, health or social services. Parents are always informed of any issues except if this would put the child at significant risk or harm.
- If you have any concerns in this area please come and speak to a member of staff who will help you as we need to work together to ensure our children are safe.
- If you still have concerns, please contact the local authority safeguarding team on 0115 977 3921 and ask to speak to Hannah Johnson or another member of the team.